U.S. Trade Representative Section 301 China Tariffs
The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) has proposed three separate rounds of tariffs on products from China, including a significant number of chemicals. NACD is closely monitoring the proceedings and is working to alleviate the impact of the tariffs upon members.
We have created this resource center to help members gain understanding of, and learn the latest information on, the various tariffs.
NOTE: NACD will update this web page regularly to provide the most current information available.
List 1 – 25% Tariff on 818 Items from China – FINAL
List 2 – 25% Tariff on 284 Items from China – FINAL
List 3 – 10% (September 24, 2018 – February 28, 2019) and 25% (March 1, 2019 and beyond, pending no U.S.-China agreement) on 5,745 Items from China – FINAL
- Projected Tariff Effective Date: September 24, 2018
- Impact on Chemical Distribution Industry: Major
- USTR Proposed List
- Pre-Hearing Comment Deadline: September 6, 2018
- Hearing Dates: August 20-23, 2018
- Post-Hearing Rebuttal Comment Deadline: September 6, 2018
- USTR Final List
U.S. Customs Information
Articles of Interest