Responsible Distribution Workshops
Upcoming Responsible Distribution Workshops
2018 Spring Responsible Distribution Workshop
The 2018 Spring Responsible Distribution Workshop will be on April 4-5 in Providence, RI.
11 Dorrance St.
Providence, RI 02903
NACD Room Rates: $159 Deluxe; $169 Jr. Suite
Make your reservation online (Group Code: 1804NACDRE) or by calling (401) 340-2974. Be sure to reference NACD Responsible Distribution Workshop or group code 1804NACDRE to receive the special group room rate.
Reservation Deadline: March 13, 2018
NOTE: Be wary of travel agency scams: If anyone claiming to be associated with a travel agency and/or “convention housing” contacts you with an offer for booking a hotel room, do NOT provide them with your contact or payment information. This is a scam. NACD does not contract with such firms.
In some cases, these companies falsely claim to be the official housing bureau or room representative for our meeting. We have NOT contracted with any company to serve as our representative. Hotel rooms can only be reserved directly with the hotel, through the phone numbers and website links listed above.
Spring Workshop Topics
* Subject to change.
- Candidacy Class Training Session (separate registration required; no additional cost): Optional for those new to NACD and implementing Responsible Distribution for the first time. This session is also open to new code coordinators from veteran companies.
- Chemical Safety Board (CBS) Case Study: Join featured speaker CSB Investigator Lucy Sciallo-Tyler for a better understanding of CSB’s role as she breaks down the lessons learned and take-aways from a recent chemical release investigation.
- Emergency Response & Preparedness: David Birdsong of Advanced Chemical Logistics will bring his unique perspective and years of experience from both working within the chemical distribution industry and being an active emergency responder. His insight will help better prepare your company when it comes to emergency preparedness and responses to emergency incidents.
- Regulatory Updates: In an ever-changing regulatory environment, get up to speed on the latest regulatory topics and compliance issues facing the chemical distribution industry.
- 2017 Verification Recap & Lessons Learned: With the first year of the 6th cycle now complete, it is time to look back on some of the early verification outcomes, frequent non-conformances, and success stories.
- Tips and Techniques for Successful Responsible Distribution Programs: Join a panel discussion with members of the Responsible Distribution Committee as they share from their experiences on how to build and maintain a successful program.
- What Happens Next?: All NACD member companies need to have an active Management of Change (MOC) program, but how does this apply to your organization and how can you best define and implement a management of change program that fits the unique needs of your company? This highly interactive session will help you to understand better what areas may or may not require MOC and what your next steps should be.
Customized Responsible Distribution Workshops
Take advantage of half - and full-day "turnkey" workshops at your facilities! You tell us what type of Responsible Distribution training your team needs, and we'll customize and deliver training at your location.
Customized Responsible Distribution Training will:
- Involve more of your full staff in the Responsible Distribution program
- Deliver specific training to your company's key employees on topics on which your team needs to focus
- Provide a stronger foundation for code coordinators
- And more!
Click here to learn more about our half day and full day training options. To set up a customized training session, please contact Mike Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Workshop Presentations
October 2017 Regional Workshop at Sea-Land Chemical (Cleveland, OH)
Please click 'General' to view additional past presentations.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
Diamond Corporate Sponsor & Strategic Partner
Gold Corporate Sponsor
Gold Corporate Sponsor
Platinum Event Sponsor
Platinum Event Sponsor
Who Should Attend Responsible Distribution Workshops?
We are continuing to provide the best content for code coordinators on Responsible Distribution as well as other information for the entire chemical industry that is hard to come by...all in one place!
- NACD New and Experienced Responsible Distribution Code Coordinators
- NACD Candidate Members, Prospective NACD Members
- Chemical Handler Affiliates, and Chemical Supplier Affiliates.
New member, affiliate or candidate?
Bring your Responsible Distribution Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, or other documents and be prepared to roll up your sleeves for Responsible Distribution!
Please click here to view upcoming webinars.
Past Webinar Presentations
Please click 'General' to view past presentations.
- NACD Responsible Distribution: Your Code to Success
- Interview with the Responsible Distribution Excellence Award Winner
- Responsible Distribution: Transitioning to the 6th Cycle
- Responsible Distribution: Getting Started
- Responsible Distribution: Your Best Resources
Please click here to view Code Specific Workshop Presentations and Webinars.