2019 September Duke Management Program
September Duke Management Program
September 9-11, 2019
Registration Deadline: July 27, 2019
The Duke Management Program (DMP) translates the science of management into practical insights and actionable items. By using a diagnosis-and-treatment approach, you'll learn how to identify the causes and solutions to prevent team inefficiencies and underperformance. By working through different management scenarios you’ll learn to:
- Avoid common decision traps so you can make good decisions and create effective plans
- Determine what motivates—and what demotivates—each employee
- Convey employee feedback that is fair and accurate
- Coach for skill and career development
- Use your power-personal and positional-to gain additional resources
- Manage your team through skilled negotiation and networking
- Create effective structures, procedures, and cultures
Through experiential learning modules you will sharpen the skills necessary to become a valued manager. You will:
- Create a Management Action Plan (MAP) specific to your team, using your Six Effects of Management survey.
- Simulate intra-organizational negotiation methods to sustain employee motivation.
- Manage changing views of conflict across all stakeholders.
- Map and create a strategy for your network.
- Use a “Motivation Analyzer” to find weak links between incentives and performance.
- Develop a timeline to improve and measure your managerial effectiveness.
- Practice a “Difficult Feedback” exercise.
- Discuss how to balance and apply outcomes of your MAP.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who leads teams or departments in which work is accomplished by guiding and supporting others. This program will benefit professionals who manage projects, processes, and teams. DMP is valuable to managers at varying levels of any organization.
Contact Ashley Nasca, Coordinator, Education Programs, at email@example.com.